The Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at Auckland City Hospital provides expanded capacity for the Haemotology and Blood Service with a new 30 bed inpatient ward.
The majority of the ward has single bed rooms and the entire unit is positive pressure creating a best practice environment for these patients whom are often immuno -compromised and need protection from “ outside bugs”
The long stay nature of these patients and family whanau requirements have been supported in the design with options for social interaction and wellness within the unit.
- All single rooms capable of transplant procedures
- Wellness /multipurpose therapy room for education and rehabilitation
- Family support zones with a dedicated Whanau lounge and kitchen area
- Two distributed nurse and support zones for staff efficiency
- Ward support including reception, procedure and meeting rooms support the wider Haemotology and Blood service and after hours outpatient consultations
- Entire unit is positive pressure in different gradients compared to the rest of the hospital
- Use of vibrant super-graphics in a Coastal, Bush and Alpine theme enhance the surroundings